The Scorpion design is a ‘Fly-first’ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up in difficult and remote areas using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather conditions. A tried and tested favourite of mountaineers, climbers and campers, the Scorpion 3 has an impressive floor space, measuring 2.25m long and 1.75m wide, as well as 1.1m of headspace, creating ample room for three people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement. There is also a spacious front porch for storing equipment. In an emergency, the Scorpion 3 can accommodate six people sitting.
The Snugpak® Scorpion 3 is an easily pitched, angled profile tent with an extremely small packsize and a mere trail weight of around 2.9kg. Accompanied with DAC ® Aluminium Poles, it is designed not to take up valuable space and weight in your pack. When travelling on fast and light ventures, the tent design allows individuals to keep different components in each of their packs. This spreads the weight across more than one person. The Scorpion 2 is ideal for base camping and expedition use with the Softie® Osprey 15 Sleeping Bag.
A spacious two-person tent, the Scorpion 3 will shelter you from the worst four-season weather, with an impressive 5000mm hydrostatic head PU Coated Fly sheet, taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, the Scorpion 3 will keep out the bugs in the summer months and the rain throughout the rest of the year. Condensation build-up is also at a minimum with the addition of multiple ventilation channels. The Scorpion design is the perfect green, allowing you to fly-pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas.
When ventures and expeditions last more than a few days, and with more people joining you, or if a semi- permeant camp is required, the Scorpion 3 has ten internal pockets for safe storage of everyday items, allowing equipment to be at hand at the end of a long day, or over-night when creature comforts can unpack. The design also incorporates a hanging loop for lights and accessories once you have settled for the night.
- Flysheet: 210t 100% polyester ripstop with (5000mm HH) waterproof polyurethane coating
- Single-point Side Entry Lightweight, but robust, 210t Ripstop Flysheet with 5000mm Waterproof PU Coating
- Lightweight 190t Nylon 5000mm Waterproof PU Groundsheet
- Lightweight 190t Polyester Mesh Inner, with 50D No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net
- DAC® Featherlite NSL® Anodised Aluminium Poles with pressfit connectors, 100% aluminium
- Door: 1
- Compounds: Welded
- Two DAC® Featherlite NSL® Anodised Aluminium Poles, with press fit connections, Dac Poles DAC® Featherlite NSL® anodized poles with press fit connectors, made from TH72M aluminium.
- Color: Exterior green and interior black
- Weight: 3400 g Weight includes everything.
- This tent is Flame Retardant:This tent meets the flammability requirements of ISO6941 (EN5912).
Stuff Sack 43cm x 21cm